Thursday, September 14, 2023

Sewing While Kirsten and Jane are Off Camping Somewhere

Greetings!  Astrid here.  Jane and Kirsten have gone camping with friends C & P.  While they are gone, I am making a pair of overalls for Jane.  I already made a pair for Kirsten, and she said they were perfect for camping.  I have altered my overalls pattern a little bit, so the Jane overalls will look a little different from Kirsten's.  I am using the same mauve denim on both pairs, just different linings and accents.  

This is how Jane's overalls look so far.  I hand-sewed the heart on the front.  To make a heart, you just cut two identical heart shapes, then sew them together with right sides facing.  Then pull the front and back apart with your fingers and snip, with your scissors, a little slit, on the side you do not want facing out.  Then, you pull the heart right-side-out, through the slit and press.  Oh yeah, clip those curves before you turn the shape right-side-out.  You have a heart.  I decided not to machine sew it on, as it would look tacky, so I hand sewed it.  This pair is fully lined, so I cut two sets of every piece, one set from the mauve, and another set from the plaid lining.   I don't know if I will have them done, by the time Jane and Kirsten return.  I think they will be cute!  

Once they are complete, I will post instructions.  I have to muddle my way through and get the lining part correct, before I go posting instructions.  Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment