Saturday, June 2, 2012

Shoofly-Friendship in Hideous Pink:  I had all these left over pinks from the doll quilt discussed in my previous post, so I used them to experiment with shoofly blocks and friendship star blocks.  I did have a couple other pinks in my stash from making grandma aprons, that worked well with this, especially the paisley.  I had the top pieced and hanging by magnets to the inside of my front door for two years, before I finally quilted it.  But I was real happy with how it came out.  My co-worker, who had asked for the doll quilt discussed in my prevous post, was moving out of my building and into a building across campus.  We had a big goin- away pot luck for the Research staff combined with welcoming a new employee of ours.  I decided it was the perfect gift for this co-worker.  I wrapped it in a paper bag and put curly ribbon on it and gave it to her at the pot luck.  She absolutely loved it.  She said she would keep it to play with her grandaughter when she visited.  It is so nice to know someone well enough to know when you have created exactly the thing they will cherish.  Makes me wanna cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment